- 13 people: 9 divers, 4 vacationers along for the ride
- The oldest members: seventies, the youngest: late twenties
- Transportation: 8 drove, 5 flew (1 from Guatemalan, 4 from the States)
Where we stayed: Sea Breeze Inn
- This hotel was perfect for our purposes. While it may appear to be a bit steep regarding price, we found the cost manageable. Three of us girls shared a four person apartment and thought it was ideal. Each apartment has a kitchen with agua pura, a coffee maker, refrigerator, and any basic cooking utensil necessary. A sweet little bonus was the deck off of each with a hammock and table where we could hang out when we weren't diving.
Our dive shop: Coconut Tree Divers
- I cannot recommend this dive shop enough. They were kind and professional and I felt safe and cared for the entire time we worked with them. I was working on my Open Water Diver certification, and my instructor Tim was excellent. He was fun and engaging, and I left the course confident in the new skills I acquired. The shop was able to accommodate our group both in West Bay, and when we requested to dive Mary's Place, one of the top dive sites in the world. They set us up with another dive shop on the other side of the island, arranged transportation, and granted us use of their gear. We loved the familial feel of the gang working there, and our many afternoons hanging out on the deck having a beer once all the boats were in.
What we ate: Roatan Oasis
- This restaurant was absolutely amazing. The only menu exists on a chalkboard in the dining room with between seven and ten choices for dinner and dessert. The food was fresh and unique, with homemade curries and pastas and flat bread pizzas and I could go on. The attention to detail in spices and combinations brought us back three times. While you are drooling and watching the food come out of the kitchen, you can play pool or foosball, and hang out on their deck. The decor is modern and playful, which absolutely fits the attitude and flavor of the owners. Do not miss it.
If you have any other questions about our trip, I would be happy to help. I can provide more specific tips about traveling by land and other logistics.
I can't wait to return.
<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4899939/?claim=acurc8gn2rd">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>